There’s a kind of cool wetness to this scented candle. We suddenly find ourselves creating pottery with four hands, our phallanges flirting around the wet Clay, a ghostly moment around the Maté that is not unlike a scene from an iconic film. Cedar keeps us grounded, otherwise it could get out of hand.
A Woody, Green Tea fragrance evoking a cult pottery scene, designed by Vincent Ricord for D’ORSAY.
Head: Sencha Tea, Italian Bergamot Heart: Ginger, Mate, Brown Algae Base: Virginia Cedarwood, Cashmeran
*Delivery is free of charge for all purchases over 120€
80 Gr - 2,8 Oz.,
H 69mm x D 57mm,
Our home fragrances are created with the same high standards as our body perfumes and are characterised by top, middle and base notes. They are imagined as film sets evoking lovers' rendez-vous. The 80g candle is signed with a monogram - interlaced letters - in a modern echo to the history of D'ORSAY. All D'ORSAY candles are cast in France, in a workshop of candle makers with a unique and secular know-how for four generations. They are made according to traditional and manual techniques preserved by our craftsmen.
D'ORSAY waxes are composed of a mixture of mineral and vegetable matter, and have been the subject of specific development to guarantee optimal combustion and olfaction. The wicks, which are placed by hand, are made of 100% cotton and double-braided to ensure a stable flame. The packaging is made in France using paper from sustainable resources certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. We have also chosen not to cellophane our packaging, which is simply sealed with a sticker attesting to an intact product.
USE AND CARE
How to make the most of your D'ORSAY candle:
- When using it for the first time, light the candle until its entire surface becomes liquid, this will require about 4 hours of combustion. This will prevent the wax from becoming hollow later on or forming a well around the wick.
- Allow candle to solidify before relighting. Do not allow the candle to burn for more than 4 hours at a time during subsequent use.
- To extinguish the candle, it is recommended you use a snuffer to avoid smoke.
- Regularly cut the wick with the wick trimmer (ideal length 3-5 mm) to prevent the candle from emitting smoke and the wick falling into the wax.
- Should the wick require centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still molten.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep the candle out of reach of children and pets.
This fragrance has a strange effect. When you are not here, it reminds me of the thrill of the wild outdoors with its earthy clay beneath a torrential downpour. When you are here, it calls forth the deep impulses of the flesh, as we mould the clay between our hands, awash in the fragrant trail of a cult film.
We experience a soft moment, very gentle, as if the smell was tangible. The idea behind this scent was to explore a note of Clay, as if we were modelling with fresh clay, almost feeling its texture. At D’ORSAY, we tend to work with wood very often. Here we have a Sandalwood, with a very delicate texture that invigorate by reacting with a hint of Ginger. It immediately brings a vibration to the fragrance. The inspiration was cinematic, a love story around pottery, with ghosts, you guessed it…
To complete your olfactory discovery
28 Matchsticks — 15€
Entre tes mains
190 gr — 60€
Entre tes mains
90 ML — 80€
Sign up to our Newsletter and enjoy 10% off your next order
This test will reveal the three olfactory facets of your soul, by proposing a fragrance corresponding to each facet. Will you choose to wear Absolue - the essence of your soul -, Unexpected - which completes it -, or Defended, which reveals your dark side...…